Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's My Blog, and I'll Vent if I Want To!

I've had some form of a blog for almost ten years. I've had an Open Diary, a LiveJournal, and a few Xangas. Even this blog has had a few other forms. The major difference between this blog and my blogs of old is that I am not as open with my every day life here. Maybe it's the .com? Is there something about owning my own domain name that makes me think that I can't be honest about my daily life? Should it deter me from posting about the mundane or sharing some not so organized thoughts once in while?

I think not.

So here we go. This week stinks. I'm tired, bummed out, unmotivated and unproductive. I've eaten a lot of cookies. My child doesn't seem to want to sleep (up for three hours in the middle of the night here, refusal to nap there). I'm frustrated because our life is currently in a state of limbo. I want to make decisions and plans, but I can't right now. The ground is wet and my dog keeps tracking mud into my house.

I want to sleep until Sunday.

But I can't. I need to clip coupons and make a grocery list. There are dishes to wash and laundry to fold. The toilets need to cleaned and the floors need to be scrubbed. Events need to be planned and attended, so I need to put on a smile (and some mascara) and be social. Most of all, my Bible study has been neglected this week and family needs me.

Bring on the coffee....french press, please. With vanilla and hazelnut creamer. And Sun Crystals.

13 comments:

Claire said...

Ohhhh I so feel you!
And doesn't the dogs tracking in mud just send you over the edge?! Ugh!
I actually look forward to snow because it will cover up the wet yard!

Christine said...

Yep, right there with ya. Sometimes life *does* just stink.

Although I don't know if it's the type of blogs that make you more open, maybe just the experience of yourself?
I was the same way, very open with xanga, and until I felt I couldn't post "me and sometimes stinky life" without getting some "snap out of it" remarks. I nixed it for a more safer blogspot so I would feel like I could offend so easily--- but it's definitely not as open. I think mothering also does that to ya...

Grace said...

Yes, yes and yes!!

I hear you on everything.

Anonymous said...

"I've eaten a lot of cookies." Haha! I know exactly how you feel! I could have written this post myself. Here are some things I do that make me feel better. As soon as Micah is asleep I get a drink (for you, it could be that coffee, for me it's water, lol) and then I sit in peace and sip it really slowly. Then I move on to my to-do list. Sometimes five minutes in dead silence with your favorite drink makes a big difference! Or I read something that is completely recreational for a few minutes. You have a lot to do, but take some mini breaks or you'll go crazy!

Lauren said...

Sorry you're feeling bummed, Melissa! We are in limbo, too - possible TTC, possible job change for DH and either a move to another state or at least another house. I hate not having everything planned out!

On a side note, do you still keep a LJ? I do, and my name is 7_yearitch if you want to friend me :)

Bob West said...

very interesting! God has greatly gifted you
I enjoyed visiting your blog
God Bless;

http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/02/encourager-part-1.html

Anonymous said...

Sun Crystals! Sun Crystals! I love them! Have you tried Truvia? That's my absolute favorite. :o)

Melissa, this post is why I adore you. I feel all of these same ways, and hearing it from the mouth (computer? screen?) of someone who I think is one of the coolest, most genuine and fun women ever makes me feel not alone.

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! :o)

Chelsea said...

I'm sorry, Melissa! I hate having weeks like that. It really does seem true that when it rains, it pours. I have to remind myself that it's a temporary situation and one I won't even remember months down the road. That's the only way I survive my funks! :) Hang in there!

Vee said...

You have totally describe me on a bad day/week/year.

Let it out, girl. It's your blog...and we're fans of YOU!

P.S. I left something for you at my blog, hopefully it will cheer you up.

Anonymous said...

Wow... Just happeed to stumble across your blog while searching for a bible verse on www. I too am a Christian woman, mommy of two babies under 2 and often feel so overwhelmed! Overwhelmed w unending To Do list! Thanks for posting-- it's a real encouragment to keep going !!


"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." Gal 6:9
-Lina

~SHANNON~ said...

Oh yes, I hear that mama! I hope since you posted this you are feeling a bit less overwhelmed! But if not...french press coffee really is the way to go;)

Hugs!

Kathryn said...

"Great post! I struggle with fear a lot, but I constantly trying to remind myself that with Christ I have no reason to be afraid. Thanks for posting this (and for following!)."

Thanks so much for commenting! You are so right, there is no reason to be afraid when we have Christ, it's just remembering that each time we are afraid! :)

Hope your weeks gets better, sorry it had been so rough!!

Kayli said...

I gave you an award on my blog. So hop over to check it out!