Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a Boring Update!

Thanks to everyone who left encouraging comments on my last post! I really appreciate your supportive words and the reassurance that I am not the only one who feels that way.

I am still kind of feeling that way. I know I feel better when I am productive, but sometimes it's so hard to break out of the rut and DO something. It's a vicious cycle. It doesn't help that I am exhausted. I need to get a decent night's sleep.

I did have a really nice weekend. I attend a ladies' retreat with my church. Doing something like that is totally out of my comfort zone, and I roomed with people I didn't really know prior to the retreat. It was a great experience! Friday night I did Zumba for an hour! I am going to look into going to a class in town because it was a blast! The girls in my room stayed up late talking (and eating junk food!), and we were up bright and early Saturday morning for breakfast and workshops. I attended some very informative workshops on raising godly kids and marriage. I also picked up some info on organizing, and I need all the help I can get in that area. By far the workshop that had the greatest impact on me was on treating anxiety and depression naturally. I am definitely planning to incorporate some of the things I learned into my life and do more research on this subject. I'll post more on that later.

Since this weekend was all about stepping out of my comfort zone, I was convinced to do the zip line at the camp where the retreat was held.

Um, yeah, I jumped off of this.

Have I mentioned that I am afraid of heights? It was terrifying at the top, but actually going down the zip line was awesome! I'm not so sure that I will ever do that again though!

I know this post was boring. I wish I had the energy to write something more interesting. Thanks for reading it anyway :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I have an awesome fear of heights, so I just about fainted when I saw that picture, HAHA! I'm so proud of you, Melissa! Seriously, you inspire me so much. I think that we have a lot of the same feelings and are experiencing a lot of the same things, and seeing you putting yourself out there really makes me have confidence and courage in doing the same. :o) These past three or so weeks have been totally frustrating for me - major case of the Winters - and I'm SO ready to get out of the house. I need sunshine, fresh air, working out, etc. I just need to rev up the routine a bit. I even gave up getting iced coffee every day because it was boring me...that's when ya know it's getting bad. ;o)

Here's to only a few more weeks 'til spring...come on, baby!

Anonymous said...

P.S. You could never have a boring update. Your writing is too much fun to read. :o)

Anonymous said...

P.S.S. Junk food...all night...staying up late.

I want that! (I'm such a comment hog today!)

Tai said...

Aren't women's retreats great?! I haven't gone to ours in a couple years do to morning sickness and new baby but hope to go this year! It is important for mom/wife to get some time to refresh and spend time not only with other women but alone with the Lord. I know we can do that at home, but it is hard when someone crawls up to with stinky pants ;)
I have a local friend that does Zumba! She raves about it! I don't have a gym close enough...wonder if there is a dvd??
And Kel...you are so right about needing sunshine and getting out of the house...its what keeps me sane sometimes!