Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Well hello!

Eli has decided that playing by himself in his room is better than playing with me, so I decided to take a few minutes and update.

First things first...it is COLD! I've lived in this little corner of Missouri for 5 years, and I don't remember it ever being this cold or having this much snow.

That cute little house across the street is for sale. Won't you be my neighbor?

A couple of days before Christmas we realized that the temperature in our house was dropping steadily. Thankfully it wasn't too cold then because it didn't get fixed until the next day. At first I was really upset about the situation, but then I was rejoicing because God showed His care and faithfulness yet again by providing the funds needed for the repair. I am praying for that care and provision once again, as we discovered this morning that a pipe had partially frozen over night. It is -1 outside right now, and we only have cold water. That's really only a minor inconvenience, and I am thankful that we have water at all and that the pipe didn't burst. It would just be nice if we didn't have to wait until it is above freezing on Monday to have everything in working order again.

I am planning to be back next week with a post about my goals for the new year, the first of which is "Stick to my goals for the new year." I am always so disappointed at the end of the year when I haven't accomplished the things I had hoped to in the previous months. I'm going to work on those goals this weekend, and I hope to share them early next week.

I hope you are staying warm!


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I've been worried about frozen pipes, too! Hope you have your hot water back soon! As for us, we have probably 15 inches of snow in our back yard because it just keeps coming and nothing melts! This is insane weather for this area. What's going on?